- Trump continues to ask for an investigation of former President Obama based on a lie Trump spouted that Obama personally had him wiretapped. And members of Congress seem perfectly willing to go along with this lie even though they know it's just a lie.
- Republicans in the House finally released their "replacement" for the Affordable Care Act, one that provides less coverage and has far harsher penalties for people without health insurance while giving the wealthy a big tax break, with an extra-special bigger tax break for health care company CEOs.
- DHS Secretary John Kelly said that undocumented mothers might be separated from their children if caught at the border, ending some family detention and surely breaking up families.
- The Supreme Court decided not to hear the case of a transgender student who wanted to use the bathroom of his gender identity because the Trump administration changed the rule that the case was based on.
- This is not to mention a hundred other things, including the ongoing questions about Russia, Trump's business dealings, and more, and this isn’t even getting into whatever is occurring with Khizr Khan, the American father of an American Muslim soldier killed in Iraq.
This is one day. And it isn't over yet. I'm sure that while I'm writing this, some other insane thing will happen. None of these are minor annoyances. I haven't mentioned a single tweet from Trump. No, these are all things that have an effect on millions of people, if not the entire nation, if not the entire world. So, yeah, I hate this man. But I don't just hate him for what he's doing. I hate him for who he is and how he got here.
I hate Donald Trump because he knew that he was getting in over his head and he still thought he could just cruise through this job like he's cruised through his life. I hate him and his family and everyone around him because no one had the guts to say, "No, Donald, you flaming asshole, you dimwit, you dolt, you are not smart enough, wise enough, skilled enough, experienced enough to be president. Knock it off." I hate him because he's a pathetic deluded madman and a flailing criminal.
This isn't a violent hatred, though. I don't want Trump harmed. But I want him to have to watch it all crumble, his fake empire, his precarious fortune, everything. I want him to have to watch as he becomes bereft of all the weak barricades that prevent him from realizing how loathed he is, and I want to watch his face when it hits him that the love and approval he so desperately craves has turned him into the punchline at the end of his life.